Multiple T/F radio buttons

build learning interactivity

Moderator: Nav

Multiple T/F radio buttons

Postby maximise » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:43 am

I want to set up a series of True/False buttons as in the following image. I've searched thoroughly but cannot find an example. Surely this is possible?

Buttons.jpg
Buttons.jpg (43.34 KiB) Viewed 13690 times
:?:
maximise

Re: Multiple T/F radio buttons

Postby jmalatino » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:51 am

Well I am not sure exactly what is the question you are asking. It appears that you have set up a series of True False radio buttons.

The big question is how to deal with the feedback. If this is basically one big question where the only correct answer is to have some perfect combination of responses than it does make sense to have this as one question but if all of these are unique true/false questions that will have their own feedback they would probably be better as a sequence of questions.

Or you could set this question up not using the flow chart and after they click submit it would go through feedback for each part. I will need further information about how you want this to work to more completely answer your question.

Feel free to reach out to us via the Support Chat.
jmalatino

Postby maximise » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:16 am

Thanks for your prompt response.

There are ten separate statements each of which may be true/false and from each statement I want to record a score (eg 5 or 0) and then total up the 10 scores.
maximise

Postby jmalatino » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:29 am

So for that situation I would create a Number Variable maybe call it "T/F Score". Then after they make their selections and click submit, I would have an action for each true/false statement that would check if they answered correctly or incorrectly and add the appropriate amount to that score variable. Then you could have an action that would check to see if it is above a certain number and show either a positive or negative feedback.

add_5_to_Score.jpg
add_5_to_Score.jpg (25.61 KiB) Viewed 13686 times
jmalatino

Postby maximise » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm still really strugling on this one! I can find no trigger 'Submit - on click'.

Originally I created 10 pairs of horizontal buttons - was this wrong? I cannot see how to identify the T/F value for each button.

Or should I have set up two separate columns of 10 buttons? Or is there a way of setting up a matrix of 20 buttons?

I am assuming that each response feeds to the %tracker ?
maximise

Postby jmalatino » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:07 pm

I created a submit button. My trigger Submit Button > onClick is triggered when after selecting their choices they click on that submit button.

Then I am showing, in that graphic I uploaded, an action that will be needed for each of the 10 sets of radio buttons.
The selected index is a number that corresponds with the selection so in your example each radio button group has two options, option 1 = true, and option 2= false. So in my example I am checking if they had "true" (aka Option 1) selected and then adding 5 to the newly created variable.

If you did not want to have a submit button you could have the trigger be on selection change of the radio button group. If you go this way you can run into an number of other concerns. Such as if they first select "true" and it adds 5 to the variable, they could then go back and change their selection to false and you will have to remove those 5 points. So then you would need a number variable for each of the radio button groups and then at the end you would have to add them all together.

So I would suggest going with a submit button. If you could give me more information about how you would like this to work I can provide you further assistance. I hope this gets you a little further.
jmalatino

Postby maximise » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:38 am

Ah! Didn't recognise the assumption that I had to create a 'submit' button - works better now!

Thanks
maximise

Postby maximise » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Great! Getting there, but, two issues:

1. On submit, can I then reveal correct/wrong answers using the tick/cross symbols?

2. Having allocated 10 marks to each of the 10 questions the meter only shows 95% as in image below:
Attachments
Buttons2.jpg
Buttons2.jpg (59.96 KiB) Viewed 13679 times
maximise

Postby jmalatino » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:00 pm

check_if_correct_and_show_feedback.jpg
check_if_correct_and_show_feedback.jpg (28.78 KiB) Viewed 13677 times

You will need an action like this for each of your true/false radio button groups. This is checking to see if the answer is correct. In this case "1" is "True" and is correct. If it is correct, I am adding 10 to a number variable name "Score" that I created. It will also show a green checkmark that is placed on the page to align with the first true/false radio button group. If they do not answer correctly I am not adding anything to their score and I am showing a red x.

You will need 10 actions like this one.

Then another action to make the progress bar go to the correct amount. Here is what that action will look like.

Trigger: Submit > onClick
Response: Percent Tracker > add value > "Score" variable > getValue

jmalatino@suddenlysmart.com
jmalatino

Return to Action/Flow Chart/Variable