Drag and Drop with Pct Tracker

build learning interactivity

Moderator: Nav

Drag and Drop with Pct Tracker

Postby Roland » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:40 pm

I have a drag and drop and I am trying to increase or decrease a Pct Tracker depending on a positive or negative drop.

I am using On Incorrect Drop and Correct Drop as the actions then incrementing or decrementing the tracker. However, the trouble I am having is just clicking on the Drag object is perceived as an Incorrect Drop or a Drop causing the Pct Tracker to increment in my case. The thing is the Incorrect drop count and correct drop counts don’t change so I can’t even use variables to fudge it.

I have saved the activity in my work in progress and it is called Drag and Drop Issue
Roland

Re: Drag and Drop with Pct Tracker

Postby jmalatino » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:30 am

I think you can do this with variables. In the video tutorial about variables, we do this very thing (here's where that section starts): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hOE#t=608s

However, in the video, our trigger is "onAllDropped", so it only happens at the end. If you want it to happen every time they drop something, you can use the trigger "onDrop".

This is assuming you're wanting to get an accurate score. If you're just looking to simply stop the problem of dropping outside a drop zone counting against you, you can add a condition to your negative action.

Trigger: D&D > onIncorrectDrop
Condition: D&D > getLastDropZone == (blank)
True Response: (blank)
False Response: Pct tracker > add (negative number)

This will look to see if the last drop zone has a name, and if it does not, only then will it decrement from your pct tracker.
jmalatino

Return to Action/Flow Chart/Variable