Moving on after viewing all items

build learning interactivity

Moderator: Nav

Moving on after viewing all items

Postby Nav » Thu May 24, 2012 9:04 am

Someone recently asked the following question:

"I'm trying to use the percent tracker as a trigger to go to the next page when I finished clicking all of the items on the screen. How do I do this? I can get the hotspots to add value to the percent tracker by setting up an action that says to add a value of 7 (I have 14 items) on click but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to have this page advance once all of the hotspots are clicked."

- Anon
Nav

Re: Moving on after viewing all items

Postby Nav » Thu May 24, 2012 9:12 am

Hi There,
Basically you need to set up a conditional action that will take you to the next page when the percent tracker is done. The action will look like this:

Trigger: Pct Tracker > onValueChange
Condition: Pct Tracker > getValue >= 98
True Response: Page Controller > nextPage
False Response: [leave blank]

Note that 98 is 14x7, so in our condition, we're looking for greater than or equal to 98.

Now, also be aware that I if they click the same button 14 times, that will allow the Pct Tracker to increase. You'd think no one would do that, but people are weird. Another method that you might want to consider is using checkmarks. Here's a video that shows you how (sorry, the audio is a little echo-y) - http://help.smartbuilder.com/node/579

- Nav
Nav

Re: Moving on after viewing all items

Postby Nav » Thu May 24, 2012 9:28 am

Actually, here's a quick little video that explains how to combine both methods mentioned above so that the percent tracker doesn't increase when the same button is clicked, and the completion message (or action to move to the next page) doesn't fire until the percent tracker is full. You'll need to watch the above video first for this one to make sense.

http://screencast.com/t/CJgMaADGTPU

- Nav
Nav

Return to Action/Flow Chart/Variable