Flashcards

build learning interactivity

Moderator: Nav

Flashcards

Postby tahiya » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:45 am

I have a set of flash cards operating from a question set. I am trying to figure out two things.
1. How to get the flash cards to continue even after all the questions have been posed
2. How to set up an "I know it" button that will hide a card/question and allow the user to continue being prompted on the remaining cards.

I've tried a couple of things but I'm getting a brain cramp.

Thanks.
play, play, play
tahiya

Re: Flashcards

Postby Nav » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi Tahiya,
I would need to see the specific situation to see if there are ways around this. Can you email me the lesson/page that has this? Initial thoughts...

1. A Question Set is designed to run through a series of questions and then end. It isn't quite as flexible as a Display Set in the Flow Chart, so keeping it active will depend on how it is built.
2. Should be possible. You can alter the things that tell the Flow Chart to move on - http://screencast.com/t/13xzD67qaQZ - or you can create a totally separate button outside the Flow Chart to move it along, such as:

Trigger: Button > onClick
Response: Question Set > submitCurrentQuestion

- Nav
Nav

Postby tahiya » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:00 pm

Finally got to revisit my flashcards project. I have display sets with actions. I thought that if I used a text variable to store the display index of each card the user selected for removal from the practice deck, I could skip any displays that were identified in the variable. The problem is that the text variable is causing any single digit display index to be skipped even if the user has not identified that as a known card.
How can I set up a variable that will collect the successive displays the user identifies, and use it to tell the display which display indices to skip?
The project is Site Master Flash Cards and the slide is "undefined" if you want to rummage.
play, play, play
tahiya

Postby Nav » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi Tahiya,
I would use a Number variable. Or a True/False variable for each one. It's really hard to tell with a text description on something so complex. I would start a support chat when you have some time, and then we can look at it together.

- Nav
Nav

Postby tahiya » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:30 pm

OK.thanks Nav
play, play, play
tahiya

Return to Action/Flow Chart/Variable