Multiple feedback

build learning interactivity

Moderator: Nav

Multiple feedback

Postby Greycious » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:24 am

Good morning,

I am looking on how to build a multiple feedback loop for my multiple choice question. What I have in mind is:
- Answer correct -> correct feedback (this is easy).
- Answer incorrect for the 1st time -> 1st incorrect feedback
- Answer incorrect for the 2nd time -> 2nd incorrect feedback, as a hint
- Answer incorrect for the 3rd time -> 3rd incorrect feedback

Could you please help me out on this?

Furthermore I have another question: is there an option that allows the system to "remember" the status? Let's say the learner has 2 wrong attempts and then consults another page within the e-learning. If he comes back and answers the question again incorrectly, I would like the 3rd incorrect feedback to show op.

Hopefully these are new questions on this forum, I could not find the answers yet.

Cheers, Sarah
Greycious

Re: Multiple feedback

Postby Nav » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi Sarah,
The way you would do this is to create a Global number Variable called "Attempts". So even if they leave the page and come back it will be remembered. And then a separate Conditional Action for each scenario (correct, incorrect + 1 attempt, incorrect + 2 attempts, incorrect + 3attempts), and show different feedback depending on that.

How exactly you build it depends on a few things.
- Is it the only question on that page? Or one of several?
- Are you using a Question Set and the Flow Chart? Or have you not started to create it yet?
- What happens when they have used all their attempts and come back again? Do they get a different message saying "you've used all your attempts" and the question is unavailable to them?

It might be easiest if you tell me the name of the lesson and the page so I can get a better understanding of the issue (you can email me this information at ndhillon AT suddenlysmart.com). Once I see it, I can create a video that outlines what to do.

There is also this video that talks about a similar topic - http://help.smartbuilder.com/node/583 - but I would say your use case is significantly different enough due to the fact that you want them to be able to leave the page and come back (and the Flow Chart will have a hard time with that, unless you have only 1 question).

- Nav
Nav

Return to Action/Flow Chart/Variable