Selection of radiobuttons

build learning interactivity

Moderator: Nav

Selection of radiobuttons

Postby Greycious » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:06 am

I notice in my lesson that the radiobuttons of the multiplechoice question get unselected once the answer is submitted. I would like the radiobuttons to stay selected, so that the learner can see what he answered to the question. Furthermore, he should be able to change his selection. Is this possible?
Greycious

Re: Selection of radiobuttons

Postby Nav » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi Sarah,
I'd have to see the lesson to know for sure why this is happening. Are you using the Flow Chart and having them try again right away? You may need to create a variable to store their selection, and then an action to re-select it when the question shows up again. Another option is to not use the Flow Chart, but I don't know how big the quiz is and which solution is easier.

If you want to email me the name of the lesson and the page number I can find it, I can take a closer look.

- Nav
Nav

Postby Greycious » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:01 am

Hi Nav,

This is the same lesson as I mailed you previously, you can just check it there. In fact I want the selection to remain active, but the learner should change his pick. Would be nice if you take a look at the lesson, but please do not change anything yet. I first like to know what could work, before change anything in Smartbuilder ;).

Cheers, Sarah
Greycious

Postby Nav » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:14 am

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for pointing out the lesson to me. This is a natural behavior of the Flow Chart. Your best choice is to recreate the interactivity using the Action List, and simply deleting the Flow Chart. Sorry! But it's easier than trying to keep the Flow Chart, and allow the selection to be remembered. I will email you the video of what I suggest doing, because I'm not sure you want to share it here.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Action/Flow Chart/Variable