Fix questions with a specified number of questions

build learning interactivity

Moderator: Nav

Fix questions with a specified number of questions

Postby Richard » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:11 am

I am making a quetion set with 10 questions that I show randomly and I speciefied the number of questions to 7. Is it possible to fix a couple of these questions so that they are always shown? In this case I only show 7 out of 10 and I want to make sure question 1, 2 and 3 are always displayed? Can I do this with a setting or do I have to make 2 question sets?
Richard

Re: Fix questions with a specified number of questions

Postby Nav » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:30 am

Hi Richard,
There isn't a setting for overriding the randomization features in the Question Set to do what you want to do. Probably the simplest thing to do, especially if you want questions 1, 2, and 3 to show up first, is to make a separate Question Set for those questions on a separate page (it's hard to have 2 Question Sets on the same page). When they're done with the first questions, it just throws them right onto the next page. You can even start your numbering at 4 on the new page so that it's seamless to the student.

If you needed questions 1, 2, and 3 to be mixed in, or you are planning on doing some more advanced review (delayed feedback - "Review Mode") it would make sense to keep them all on the same page, and to not use the Flow Chart at all. Basically you'd have to mimic the functionality using actions - which is more work, but more flexible. I can expand on that option if you're interested.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Action/Flow Chart/Variable