Dropdown list formatting

Working with Media (graphics, audio, video) & other Assets

Moderator: Nav

Dropdown list formatting

Postby monmouthrider » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:43 am

Hi,

I'm using a number of drop down lists in a form based exercise. The coding works fine however I would really like to be able to change the appearance /formatting of the drop down box at bit more.

1) After 5 answers in the list I'm getting a scroll bar to the right. So Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri are displayed but I have to scroll for Sat and Sun. This seems a very short list before the scroll bar kicks in.
2) The line spacing between the answers if very large even when formatted with a small text size. Line spacing is not available as a formatting option on a drop down list.
3) The width of the scroll bar that appears is very large and cuts left into the text options, made worse when the drop down list is narrow.

Have I missed any formatting options? If not, could there be a option to disable the scroll bar forcing a fixed list, just like the 'text size' drop down you have in the Smartbuilder tool bar, and can the line spacing option be set to work. At the moment I can't present a single short list of say 10 items which the learner can view all at once helping them make their decision.

Trevor
monmouthrider

Re: Dropdown list formatting

Postby Nav » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:42 am

Hi Trevor,
I've put in a request for the first 2 issues. Issue 3 should be resolved along with issue 1. I'll let you know when I hear back from the developers regarding a timetable.

- Nav
Nav

Postby monmouthrider » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:52 am

Many thanks,

Trevor
monmouthrider

Postby Nav » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi Trevor,
We've resolved issues 1 and 3 (check for them on Monday). There will be a property in the Properties panel for this object to choose the number of options before the scrollbar shows up.

It seems that issue 2 is actually quite difficult. However, if you change the font of the object to a smaller font size, then you can decrease the object's height. This changes the spacing in the drop down. For example:

font-sizes.png
font-sizes.png (9.58 KiB) Viewed 7967 times

- Nav
Nav

Return to Media & Assets