Group of Buttons - none selected

Working with Media (graphics, audio, video) & other Assets

Moderator: Nav

Group of Buttons - none selected

Postby monmouthrider » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:22 am

Hi,

Is there a way of building a button group where none of individual buttons is 'selected'.

I have a form based activity which contains various different groups of buttons. One group is a distractor where the learner should not click any of the button options.

I have put an extra button (which is selected) off the screen to start the visible buttons in he group as 'not selected'. However after feedback if the learner has pressed a distractor in the group they can't correct their mistake (they don't have access to the off screen button). I have a version where I have reset the group on giving feedback with an action but the design requires the learner spots and corrects their own mistakes.

Ideally I want a button group where no button has to be selected. Is this possible?

Trevor
monmouthrider

Re: Group of Buttons - none selected

Postby Nav » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi Trevor,
What would they click on to unselect any of the options? Button groups act the same way as Radiobuttons. Basically, once you've made a choice, you're stuck with one. Unless you put another button on the page that says "none of these".

- Nav
Nav

Postby monmouthrider » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:10 pm

The learner would click the same button to deselect it. So really I want a button
that can toggle itself to select and deselect (inculding a button down graphic) linked to other buttons that will
deselect another button in the group if selected. It should be possible for the learner to return
all buttons to a deselected state.
Could this be done with actions?
Trevor
monmouthrider

Postby Nav » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi Trevor, it should be possible, but it currently isn't. The setSelected method for the button object doesn't seem to be working. I've made a ticket for the problem and will let you know what happens with it.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Media & Assets