RTMP Streaming Video Object

Working with Media (graphics, audio, video) & other Assets

Moderator: Nav

RTMP Streaming Video Object

Postby ScottA » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:59 pm

the documentation (http://help.smartbuilder.com/node/568) gives this example for URL and Stream parameter:

URL: rtmp://dk2isqp3f.rtmphost.com/flowplayer
Stream: honda_accord

It works great, but I'm having trouble getting ours to work. I need to know how to set these for videos coming from our flash media server.

Is the full path in the example above rtmp://dk2isqp3f.rtmphost.com/flowplaye ... accord.flv ? In other words, is URL the path to the directory that the video is in, and Stream is the name of the video file without the file extension?

Example: On our media server, a video is at rtmp://my.site.com/path/to/video/myVideo.flv
Would I set the parameters in the following way:
URL: rtmp://my.site.com/path/to/video
Stream: myVideo

If this is the case, then there's something wrong on our end that I need to figure out. But I first want to check that I'm doing this correctly.

Thanks
Scott Allison
Veterinary Information Network
ScottA

Re: RTMP Streaming Video Object

Postby jmalatino » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:02 am

The short answer is yes. That would be the correct way to fill out those two properties. If you have an actual video uploaded to your RTMP service I can help you to find the exact way to fill out that information.
jmalatino

Re: RTMP Streaming Video Object

Postby ScottA » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:39 am

We have solved this problem. It seems that URL and Stream are defined a little differently than I assumed:

URL: url of media server root
Stream: path from root to the video

Ex:
if the video is found here: urlofserver/rootDir/path/to/video/myVideo.flv
URL=rtmp://urlofserver/rootDir
Stream=path/to/video/myVideo

So it seems the honda accord example works because honda_accord is in the root directory.

Our videos now work. We figured this out by trial and error. You might want to include this on the documentation (http://help.smartbuilder.com/node/568)...assuming it's correct for all media servers, maybe it's just unique to how ours is set up? Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Scott
VIN Multimedia
Scott Allison
Veterinary Information Network
ScottA

Return to Media & Assets