Creating high-fidelity animations using SwishMax

Working with Media (graphics, audio, video) & other Assets

Moderator: Nav

Creating high-fidelity animations using SwishMax

Postby Leif » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:20 pm

The animation capabilities of SmartBuilder's timeline are fairly basic and are intended for mostly synching the showing and hiding of various objects in relation to each other. It's timing and movement capabilities are limited.

Most people who want to do more advanced animations import Flash .swfs. However, this requires you have Flash, and if you don't, that can be an expensive additional investment.

That led me to research other more basic animation tools out there, and the discovery SwishMax.

It turns out, SwishMax is not only pretty simple, but it's SwishMiniMax product retails for $70, so you can afford to add it to your toolbelt. Even better, it works quite well with SmartBuilder.

In this video, I walk you through how to configure SwishMax so that your .swfs play nicely in SmartBuilder (follow the .swf guidelines.)

Enjoy!

http://screencast.com/t/0a4EtJQZ
Leif

Re: Creating high-fidelity animations using SwishMax

Postby tahiya » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:03 am

In regards to even more output from Adobe about ditching Flash I have to say I have been extremely happy with the animation capabilities of PremierePro and After Effects. After Effects even has an amazing puppet tool where you can create an agent and animate it with pin joints by simply recording the paths you want the puppet to travel. The output is all FLV video and for most expository items this is very handy, especially since you can link in SB instead of embedding.
play, play, play
tahiya

Return to Media & Assets