timer error problem

Working with Media (graphics, audio, video) & other Assets

Moderator: Nav

timer error problem

Postby mdarmistead » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:13 am

We are using the timer object to display a countdown of remaining audio for each slide. The timer is installed on the master page and captures the time for each slide's audio using a global event. Each page uses a pagecontroller onPageLoad to populate the global audio_length variable. Everything works perfectly in all but 4 slides in the middle of the course. On those slides the timer starts with a random time and counts upwards in big chunks of numbers, i.e. 5:21, 19:32, 34:15, 44:21, 2:19, 12:45, etc. The numbers are different every time. I have screen grabbed a short video of the issue if you need to see what I'm talking about. I have replaced the timeline and the code for those pages, I set up a text field to display the starting value for the audio_length global variable (it shows the correct starting value).
mdarmistead

Re: timer error problem

Postby Nav » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi,
Yes, we definitely need more information. I don't remember if you're on your own server, or one that we host... but if you're on one we host, please tell me the name of the lesson and I can take a look. I'd recommend we take this conversation offline and if we find something that might be useful for others, we can post our results here. But in the meantime, please email us directly with the lesson name at support@suddenlysmart.com. If you're not on a server we host, let us know, and maybe we can get an sb3 package from you, or we can schedule a gotomeeting with you.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Media & Assets