.xsd files

Working with Media (graphics, audio, video) & other Assets

Moderator: Nav

.xsd files

Postby mizkat1958 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:27 am

I'm trying to upload a Captivate file (as a zip folder) to act as a quiz. The results will be shown to the learner at the end of the quiz and will be passed onto the LMS to maintain the score.

But when I try to upload the zip file, I get a message that .xsd files cannot be uploaded.

Is there a way around this?
mizkat1958

Re: .xsd files

Postby Nav » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:37 am

Hello,
Currently the only way around this is to upload the Captivate piece (all the files, unzipped) to another server, and then use the IFrame to point to the html file. Basically, to not upload it to SmartBuilder at all. There's another workaround, too, that involves pointing the IFrame to a local URL (for example "CaptivateFiles/index.html") and then after you download the SmartBuilder lesson, place the CaptivateFiles folder in the SB package (again, unzipped).

But probably the best way to fix this is to allow that particular file type. Can you send us an email with the captivate package? I just want to make sure that if there are other file types in there, we make sure they all are all allowed. You can send it to support suddenlysmart.com, with the @ where you think it should go. Also, can you tell us the URL that you use to login to SmartBuilder? We have a few different servers, and while this change will roll out to all of them, we'll prioritize yours.

If this is urgent and you need further instructions on one of the workarounds mentioned above, let me know.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Media & Assets