Tab Template

Use templates to standardize and re-use content functionality

Moderator: Nav

Tab Template

Postby aprilsheninger » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:06 am

I am new to SmartBuilder (as of Friday). I would like to use the template that contains the tabs for resources, glossary and notes. Is there a way to allow the Glossary tab to scroll (or do something else to expand the area,) so I can place all of the terms and definitions in there instead of just the ones that will fit in the text area? I have about 25 terms to add. At this point, there's no way to add them all in there. Any advice?

Do you happen to have a version of the tab template without the Notes? I think it's a great feature, but unfortunately at this point, we don't have an LMS. I fear that it might confuse people if the capability is there, but doesn't maintain the notes between uses.

I saw a message that at some point, we might be able to apply two templates. Has that happened yet or is there a timeline for it?

Boy, I sound needy!

Thank you.
April
aprilsheninger

Tab template question responses

Postby SB Support » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:00 am

Hi April,

Here are some answers to your questions:

1. Yes, you can make the text in the Glossary scroll (or any text for that matter). Select the text object that you want to scroll, then in the Properties panel check the Scroller property.

2. There isn't a template without the Notes tab, but you can simply remove this yourself. Here's how: Look in the Cast panel, expand the Closed Tabs set, then select the Glossary selected display, then select the My_notes_tab object and delete it. Repeat this for the Resources selected and None selected displays.

3. Yes, we are working on the capability to apply two templates to the same page. We expect to release this by the end of June.

Hope that helps!
SB Support

Return to Templates