Unlinking A Template

Use templates to standardize and re-use content functionality

Moderator: Nav

Unlinking A Template

Postby bryanlambert » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:53 am

I've been experimenting with templates for the first time, and realized in retrospect that I shouldn't have linked it to the template (too many actions that need changing). The User Guide says you can't unlink actions without unlinking the entire page, and to see below for an explanation of how to do this, and unless I'm missing something, that explanation's not there. How do I unlink the page from the template? Or, alternately, how do I remove a page so I can start over? Thanks.
bryanlambert

Re: Unlinking A Template

Postby bryanlambert » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:01 am

Nevermind about deleting a page - for some reason I'd never pulled up the Page Sequence options before. D'oh. I'm still curious about unlinking a page.
bryanlambert

Re: Unlinking A Template

Postby Nav » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:58 am

Hi Bryan,
You're right, we don't mention that in the User Guide. I'll make a note to add that. In the meantime, you can unlink templates by opening the template panel (below the Cast and Properties and Variables panels), highlighting the template in question, and then clicking the delete/red X. This will unlink the template, and it will ask if you want to delete all the template objects as well, which you can decide for yourself. Hope this helps.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Templates