Menu Pop-Up Functionality and HTML5

Use templates to standardize and re-use content functionality

Moderator: Nav

Menu Pop-Up Functionality and HTML5

Postby Matthias Kausch » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:03 am

Hi,

I am currently converting my design of a quite complex course to get as much of its original functionality as possible to work after HTML5 conversion.

In this course I am using the SDK Menu-Pop-Up template. Its main functionality is provided by an SDK object, which pulls all page names dynamically into the pop-up. Obviously, this does not work with HTML5. However, I would like to re-create this functionality.

My main problem is to get all page names to display dynamically in a text object. I don't necessarily need the vertical scrolling that is currently provided by the object.
Initially, I had planned to use the page controller to display the list on on Trigger: "Show", but I am missing the method to pull in all page names (in the page controller).

Is there a way that I can re-create this functionality (or has it be done and is now available as a HTML5 template that I didn't see)?

Thanks

Matthias
Matthias Kausch

Re: Menu Pop-Up Functionality and HTML5

Postby Nav » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi Matthias,
Are you aware that as of the converter 1.2.0 release, the Menu with Pages (the simple menu) is supported? So if you can use that, it will make your life much easier.

You can download the latest version of the converter here - http://help.smartbuilder.com/node/590

You can read the release notes here - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=906

If that won't work for you, then you could try to manually create a menu, but it would be a pain. It might be easiest to manually put in the page names into a text object. There is no way to get all the page names at once from the Page Controller. There isn't even a way to get them one-by-one. You can only get the name of the page you are currently on.

Hope that helps!

- Nav
Nav

Re: Menu Pop-Up Functionality and HTML5

Postby Matthias Kausch » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:58 am

Hi Nav,

Thank you for this useful information.

I wasn't aware that Menu with Pages was supported. Will evaluate (or use the suggested workaround if needs be). Will start to use the Menu with pages in new designs - to make sure HTML5 conversion runs smoothly.

Thanks again.

-Matthias
Matthias Kausch

Return to Templates