Folders in 'Work in Progress' and 'My Published Content'

For general questions about content management

Moderator: Leif

Folders in 'Work in Progress' and 'My Published Content'

Postby tdrogers » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:21 am

I can create folders in the Shared Library, but is there a way to create folders in 'Work in Progress' and 'My Published Content'?
---------------------
Tim Rogers
UPS Airlines
tdrogers@ups.com
tdrogers

Foldering in My Content area

Postby SB Support » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:38 pm

Currently no; you cannot add folders to your Media nodes.

However, we have an enhancement in the pipeline that will partially address this issue.

For now, the best thing to do is use the Shared Library for your content organization. If you don't want your assets to be made public, talk to your group manager about creating a unique folder within the Shared Library for you, and creating a sub-group within your organization to which you can belong. That way you can assign read and write access rights to that folder, and only give those permissions to the sub-group which you are a member of.

Thanks,

SB Support
SB Support

Re: Foldering in My Content area

Postby jzoeller » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:48 am

Is this enhancement still in the works? I think it would be great to be able to add folders within your Works In Progress folder. We are starting to have a large numbers of lessons in this folder and would be helpful to be able to better organize them.
Jim Zoeller
UPS Airlines
jzoeller@ups.com
jzoeller

Folders for My Content

Postby SB Support » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:06 am

Hi Jim,

Yes, this feature is still in the works, and I agree with the need for this enhancement. It is planned for a release in Q2 this year. Hopefully a combination of the shared folders and the search feature will tide you over until then.
SB Support

Return to General