Exiting a Branching exercise

For general questions about Content Authoring

Moderator: Nav

Exiting a Branching exercise

Postby kvenick » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:17 am

I have a branching exercise in my course, and I seem to have it working fairly well thanks to the video tutorials. But when I get to one of the many "endings", I can't figure out how to get out of the Display Sets that contain the branching exercise so the learner and continue the course. I realize the issue is that the CONTINUE buttons are inside the display sets that make up the branching. Any suggestions?
kvenick

Re: Exiting a Branching exercise

Postby Nav » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:09 am

Hi Ken,
What do you want to do at the end of your branching scenario? Show another display (such as final feedback)? Go to the next page? Close the lesson/exit the browser? Or simply hide the last display and view an empty page, or whatever is in the background?

If your answer is "show another display", then you would just make that your next node in the Flow Chart!

If your answer is any of the other things, you can embed an action into the white squares of your Flow Chart. Simply select the white square, and then open up your Options and then choose what you want to do (hide the display, go to the next page, close the browser, etc). Here's an image that illustrates that.

2012-07-09_0942.png
2012-07-09_0942.png (32.88 KiB) Viewed 7192 times

Let me know if anything is unclear!

- Nav
Nav

Return to General