submit buttons

build learning interactivity

Moderator: Nav

submit buttons

Postby question » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:26 am

We were enquiring about the possibilities of making the Submit button becoming active ONLY after the user has completed all the answers on a page. We were able to enable this functionality in drag & drop and multiple choice question templates. But, we are facing some challenges in other templates such as FITB, Drop down etc.

We have used pre-build script like onAlldropped in drag&drop templates. So there is no problem for activating submit button in all drop. But we are unable to find such script or conditions in the other templates like dropdown, FITB etc..

Kindly provide your guidance to enable this in the remaining templates.
question

Re: submit buttons

Postby Nav » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:26 am

Hi There,
You have to create a condition that looks to see if the objects are still in their initial state (blank input texts, or getSelectedIndex of 0).

part 1 - http://screencast.com/t/RqKozdfSVC
part 2 - http://screencast.com/t/0aXhK7F92vk

- Nav
Nav

Postby question » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:27 am

Hi Nav,
I think the problem we are facing may be a bit trickier.

Imagine a table with two columns and, say, two rows. Each cell has two check boxes (not radio boxes, so an inclusive 'or'). That's a total of 8 check boxes. We don't want the submit button to become active until at least one check box from each pair has been selected. This requires a nested set of conditions, like (if a or b and if c or d and if e or f). Can this be done in SB? Also, if the trigger is 'onSelectionChange' then the user would be able to check the requisite number of boxes, set the submit button to 'active', then uncheck all the boxes again and click submit, no?

I hope that makes sense.
question

Postby Nav » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:28 am

Hi,
Is this already set up (the pieces in place)? If you tell me the name of the lesson and the page, I can take a look and get back to you. This sounds possible, just with the right combination of conditions.

Here's what I'm thinking you're thinking - http://screencast.com/t/4GfwspezfO

onSelectionChange is just the trigger, it still has to pass the scrutiny of the conditions.

If it's not what you're thinking, and it hasn't already been built, maybe you could mock up what you're imagining? Or let me know when the objects are actually built, and I can help with the interactivity then.

- Nav
Nav

Postby question » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:29 am

Thank you!

I have gone through the provided link and the same is very much helpful to solve our issues. And we are closing the issues using this advice.

Once again thank you for your timely support.
question

Return to Action/Flow Chart/Variable