Can not enable the SCORM API object

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

Can not enable the SCORM API object

Postby estrothers@msn.com » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:22 am

Hello,

I am trying to enable the SCORM API object in my preferences node, however, it is not an option listed. The only options I see listed under my preferences node are:

1. Graphic Loading Message
2. Lesson Loading Message
3. Default Stage Preferences
4. Selection Marquee Rule

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Elaine S
Organized Change Consultancy
estrothers@msn.com

Re: Can not enable the SCORM API object

Postby Nav » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:15 pm

I think that option has recently been removed. SCORM API should always be available. Open a lesson, create an action, and take a look at the response objects. Do you see the SCORM API object (http://screencast.com/t/nQuoiyYrnX)? It only exists in the responses, not in the triggers. If not, please close SmartBuilder, clear your cache, and try again.

If you are having problems seeing the object, please give me a call at 760.635.7500x207. Thanks!

- Nav
Nav

Postby estrothers@msn.com » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi Nav,

Thank you. I was able to find the SCORM API Object. However, I have another problem at the moment. I am trying to pull scored data from three desperate pages and have the data become visible in the six page of the lesson.

I was hoping to have the data displayed almost the same as if it were displayed on the one page.

Basically, I have three tests. One following the other. Each page is its on test and that page has display sets. The final click after the question set is complete brings up the score of that page.

I just want to pull scores from the three individual pages and have it displayed on the last page in a summary feedback page.

Please help.

Thank you,

Elaine
estrothers@msn.com

Postby Nav » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi Elaine,
How are you displaying the scores on the individual pages? Are you using a Question Set?

Basically, you will need to store the data (such as the Question Set score) into a Global Variable. Global Variables are variables that will remember their value across the various pages of the lesson. So on page 3 you would create Global Variable called something like "quiz1Score," and create a response such as Global Variables > Number > quiz1Score > setValue > Question Set 1 > getScore. You would have 3 separate Global Variables, one for each of the scores.

Then on the final page, you could get the values of the 3 scores and place them in text objects. A response would look like Score 1 Text > setValue > Global Variables > Number > quiz1Score > getValue.

That was a pretty high level description. If you are unfamiliar with variables, the User Guide has a chapter on them. If you have more questions, if you want a more detailed description, or if anything was unclear, please let me know and we'll get to the bottom of it!

- Nav
Nav

Postby estrothers@msn.com » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi Nav,

Thank you so much for explaining everything in such detail. I feel like my lesson is complicated and I can't see to obtain the scores on the last page.

I have set up a variety of 'last pages' thinking that maybe the problem. Is there anyway that there is a time you are available so that I may call you on the phone to discuss my problem?

I have been working on this lesson for weeks now and it may be so simple to figure out but I am having so much difficulty.

Basically, I am having the same problem again. I can't get the data to load on the last page. My lesson is called Risk Assessment and I work for Organized Change Consultancy.

Any help, again, will be much appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Elaine S.
estrothers@msn.com

Postby Nav » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:08 pm

Elaine,
Sure, you can give me a call anytime today or tomorrow after 11am (pacific time) and we can set up a screen sharing meeting, and take a look together. My number is 760.635.5700x207. Talk to you soon.

- Nav
Nav

Postby estrothers@msn.com » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Thank you very much!

I will call you at 11am.
estrothers@msn.com

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)